Film Feedback - Wk of 2/1

Since I tend to watch quite a few movies, I thought it'd be productive to review them briefly here. My schedule doesn't often allow for long reviews as I have done in the past (though I adore writing them) but I can at least give you a quick reaction to each one. Hope you enjoy!

Extract - Looked funny from the previews I saw on another DVD. Jason Bateman has made sort of a comeback and I liked him in Juno. This one was heavy on the drugs and sexual situations and left sort of a bad aftertaste. Don't bother with it.
www.imdb.com/title/tt1225822/


Duplicity - I don't normally like movies where the bad guys are the protagonists a
nd this one had the added problem of me doing something else while I was "watching" it. So, I missed some key points I am sure, but I didn't really enjoy it. However, Clive Owen is nice. :-)
www.imdb.com/title/tt1135487/



Star Trek - I am not a Trekker. Not by a long shot. But I was told I had to watch this, and it was very watchable, even for the Star Trek newbie. I watched about half of it one night by myself ran out of time (yes, that happens even to me) so had to return it without finishing it. Watched it again with David more recently. He has no Star Trek experience at all, and he really enjoyed it, as did I. If you don't know, it covers the beginnings of Jim Kirk's career and how the crew of the Enterprise is put together. Lots of great special F/X in David's judgment. One bedroom scene was inappropriate for general viewing.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/


Castle Season 1
Maryann lent me this and I have been sticking it in when I have nothing else to watch. I think I've watched 4 episodes so far. I can take it or leave it. It's about a male author (Castle) of murder mysteries who teams up with a female police detective, unwillingly on her part. They have chemistry that reminds me of Moonlighting (though not as charming).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219024/


Bright Star
Loved this! I didn't know much of anything about John Keats, the poet, before watching, and truly I am unsure how much was fiction. But this story was compelling and beautifully filmed. Want to watch it again! Warning: it's very sad!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810784/



The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Read this book (and didn't really like it too much) but hadn't realized they'd made a
movie. Guess it was a TV movie. Since Dermot Mulroney stars, I thought I'd give it a shot. The movie improved on the book, I think! Give it a try. It's about a doctor whose wife has twins, one with Down's Syndrome. He gives away the Down's baby without the wife knowing and tells her the baby died. Of course, this decision haunts his whole life and changes the life of the nurse who takes the baby.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955298/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky