2008 Movies I DIDN'T see (but plan to....)

Here's YOUR chance to give ME a review. This is a list of 2008 movies I wanted to see, but didn't manage to do it for one reason or another. All of them are on my To-View list.

Any on this list you'd recommend or warn against?

  1. Bedtime Stories (PG) (2008) (Adam Sandler, Keri Russell)
  2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (PG-13) (2008) (Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett)
  3. The Tale of Despereaux (G) (2008) (voices of Matthew Broderick, Dustin Hoffman)
  4. Yes Man (PG-13) (2008) (Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel)
  5. Australia (PG-13) (2008) (Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman)
  6. Quantum of Solace (PG-13) (2008) (Daniel Craig, Olga Kurylenko)
  7. Slumdog Millionaire (R) (2008) (Dev Patel, Madhur Mittal)
  8. Rachel Getting Married (R) (2008) (Anne Hathaway, Rosemarie DeWitt)
  9. Changeling (R) (2008) (Angelina Jolie, Jeffrey Donovan)
  10. Fireproof (PG) (2008) (Kirk Cameron, Erin Bethea)
  11. Nights in Rodanthe (PG-13) (2008) (Richard Gere, Diane Lane)
  12. Kung Fu Panda (PG) (2008) (voices of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman)
  13. Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (PG) (2008) (Documentary)
  14. Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who (G) (2008) (voices of Jim Carrey, Steve Carell)
  15. The Other Boleyn Girl (PG-13) (2008) (Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson)
  16. Mad Money (PG-13) (2008) (Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Of those, I only saw "Changeling" and thought it was a great movie. Angelina Jolie was exceptional, and it was very very interesting to see "how things were back then." Love, Mom
Anonymous said…
As a family we saw Bedtime Stories. I have to say that the story line was interesting, but the blatant cleavage and overall underdressing shown by the female characters was not called for in a childrens movie.

Todd and I saw Fireproof as a couple and absolutely loved it. Quality film, we both highly recommend. Not for children as it deals with adult sin, but tastefully and respectfully addressed and we wouldn't have a problem with older teens watching.

I saw No Intelligence Allowed and thought it was thoughtfully produced and addressed a major problem that our young adults are facing in academia today. Of course, this movie is addressing creation vs evolution but leaving out Jesus Christ as the Savior of humanity, so as a Christian I have a problem with that. But, as far as the issue of teaching evolution and leaving out any other opinion, I believe this movie gave a very sharp and eye opening view of how most secular educational faculty view any other belief as a disparagement. A good tool if used in the proper context.

I have not personally watched Slumdog Millionaire yet, but have heard rave reviews from my friends that have and it is also on my "wanted" list.

As a family we also saw "Mall Cop". Although there were several scenes that were quite violent (including one in which a female character was overly exposed) the overall movie was okay. My boys loved it. I guess I just have to get over the secular "stuff" if I want to watch these kinds of movies...SIGH...

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Twilight (2008)