Fool's Gold (2007)

Watched Fool's Gold (Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson) last night. The reviews were terrible, but I liked the movie more than I thought I would. The spark McConaughey and Hudson shared in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was missing, definitely, and the dialogue was mostly lackluster, although there were a few moments that made me giggle.

But there was more to this movie than a shirtless lead actor. Perhaps it's just that I love a treasure hunting story? But I didn't find this movie's story any less plausible than National Treasure 2, plus there was gorgeous scenery to look at. (I mean the ocean! The beaches! For shame! lol) The actress playing Gemma was pleasantly ditzy and sweet.

I can think of several movies I enjoyed a lot less than this one, so for me it wasn't quite scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky

October Reads