Film Feedback - Wk of 2/28

This week I started a new job working from home. It allowed me less time for watching movies - can you imagine? I still managed 5 films.

The 39 Steps - PBS Masterpiece Theater. Rupert Penry-Jones (better known as Captain Wentworth in Persuasion?). WWI. 'Nuff said? It was enough for me. :-D
IMDB

Dance Flick - Every now and then, I wonder if I ought to tell the world that I've seen a certain movie. This is one of them. Since I tend to watch dance-themed movies, I figured I'd get a lot of the jokes. Yep. I did. lol And I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that.
IMDB

New York, I Love You - Another one of those ensemble cast movies. Very strange one. It was more of a love story TO the city of New York, rather than a love story set in NYC or even about it. Short mostly unconnected vignettes - some amusing, some heart-rending, some romantic, some tragic, some hopeful, some thankful. Watched it because of some of the actors in it - Bradley Cooper, Justin Bartha, & Orlando Bloom (it's been a while, Orly!). If you like someone in the cast, don't expect to see much of them. If you have been to NYC (I haven't) or lived there, it will probably mean more to you than it did to me.
IMDB

The Genius Club - A Christian apologetics course set in a madman-wants-to-destroy-the-world plot. The Christian Baldwin brother is in this film. Um, Stephen? I just noticed this at the library and thought David would like it. I was right. He did. I watched most of it with him.
IMDB

Noise - The last couple weeks have been ones for watching unusual movies. Here's another one. Interesting story about a guy in NYC (again with the Big Apple!) who is being driven crazy by the noise and decides to become a vigilante. I skipped one rather sleazy scene, but the movie on the whole was rather thoughtful and intriguing. This was another I just grabbed at the library because the selection was rather slim pickings and I just wanted something I hadn't seen before.
IMDB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky