February Reads

I've had this post half-written for a couple weeks. Thought I'd better publish it before the MARCH reads are ready to be posted. LOL

I found time to read 4 books in March - rather a small amount for me.

By a Lady by Amanda Elyot - 2/11/2010
Good - Chick Lit
CJ, an actress preparing to portray Jane Austen on Broadway, is sucked through a time portal to 1801 Bath England where she meets her role model and is in for a surprise!
I enjoyed this one - Time travel, Jane Austen, romance - what's not to like?

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte - 2/17/2010
Excellent - Classic
The mysterious new young woman who resides at nearby Wildfell Hall intrigues young Gilbert.
This was our book club choice for February and it was a pleasant surprise. I knew there were three Bronte sisters, but I'd never heard of this book, written by the Bronte who didn't write Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights. It was great - I highly recommend it!

The man who loved books too much by Allison Hoover Barlett - 2/19/2010
Good - Nonfiction
John Gilkey is a book thief who steals rare books just for the pleasure of owning them.
I felt the need for some non-fiction and this was an interesting choice, describing the actions and thinking of a rare book thief.

Don't You Forget About Me by Jancee Dunn - 2/20/2010
Good - Chick Lit
When Lillian's husband divorces her just before her 20th class reunion, she takes a leave of absence from her job as an NYC television producer and moves back home, only to find out that things haven't changed much since high school.
A nice diverting read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky