Mr. Darcy, Vampyre?

OK, if you're not a vampire fan, skip this post. Yeah, just click the X now. :-)

But if you're like me - a Jane Austen fan and intrigued by the Twilight series, you're probably still reading. Therefore, you may be interested in the new book by Amanda Grange, Mr. Darcy, Vampyre.

Amanda Grange says, "The idea for the plot of Mr Darcy, Vampyre came to me when I was rereading some of the classic Gothic novels of Jane Austen's era. I was starting to write Henry Tilney's Diary, Henry being the hero of Jane Austen's Gothic novel Northanger Abbey, and I wanted to put myself in the right mood." (Lisa says: I cannot WAIT for Tilney's Diary!!!)

"As I read The Mysteries of Udolpho, and as I followed the heroine over the Alps and into Italy, I found myself thinking, What if Lizzy and Darcy went to the continent for their wedding tour? What if they visited a remote castle and then went across the Alps to Italy? And what if, in those far flung locations, Lizzy discovered that Mr Darcy had a secret?"

Interested? I am! I've read a couple of Amanda Grange's Austen men diaries and they're good!

It comes out in August. Here's Mr. Darcy's Vampyre-blog to whet your appetite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky