Best books I read in 2010

These are the books I read in 2010 that I rated Excellent. I would recommend any of them to you. They are in the order I read them.

A Bride in the Bargain by Deanne Gist
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (But read Hunger Games 1st, ok? This is 2nd in a series)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Emma by Jane Austen
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon (part of the Outlander series, so start with Outlander)
Read It and Eat by Sarah Gardner
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
Let's Take the Long Way Home by Gail Caldwell
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Juliet by Anne Fortier

Yes, my list is a little heavy on the Jane Austen. That's because of the Austentatious class I am co-teaching at our homeschool co-op. But if you haven't read Austen (or if you read her once and didn't like her, or if you tried and couldn't get into it), I do recommend you try again.

I'd like to note that when I read Emma for the first time, I couldn't get into it at all. In fact, I opined that it had no relevance for the modern reader. After my 3rd re-read, I couldn't disagree more with my original opinion. So....onward and upward!

I read a few of these for book club, but I didn't rate EVERY book club book as Excellent, so these are the best of the ones we read in 2010 - Gone with the Wind, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Little Women, and Emma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Twilight (2008)