September Reads

I didn't read too many books in September, but I did write 13,000 words on a short story, so hopefully that counts for something!

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - 09/14/08
Excellent - Romance
Fanny Price is sent to live with her aunt, uncle, and cousins at Mansfield Park, but she is never quite part of the family.
Took me a long time to get through this, but not because I didn't enjoy it. I really did! I think I'm getting the hang of reading Austen, actually. The love story is not the important theme in Mansfield Park, though.

The Keepsake by Tess Gerrittsen - 09/20/08
Good - Suspense
A murderer preserves his victims according to a number of grotesque ancient customs.
I enjoy reading Gerritsen's novels. She's a doctor turned novelist and she writes crisply morbid novels. What does that say about me? lol

Seducing Mr. Darcy by Gwyn Cready - 09/23/08
Good - Romance
Funny but bawdy story of Flip Allison, who travels back in time and inadvertently ruins the love story of Pride and Prejudice.
I needed a light read after the previous two, and this was it. My friend Marla told me about this book and I read the author's other romance novel when I couldn't get this one. Be forewarned - it's raunchy enough that I almost didn't post it on my reading list. But the humor of the story is winning and seeing the Pride and Prejudice universe turned on its ear was worth the smut, in my humble opinion.

I was hoping to have finished at least one other book. I'm about halfway through A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and I am reading a book of educational essays called I Saw the Angel in the Marble, but both will have to wait for next month.

GO READ SOMETHING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky