Echo in the Bone & Outlander graphic novel

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series rocks! When I was pregnant with my last baby in 2001, I overheard a librarian recommending Outlander to another patron. I sidled over, feeling like an eavesdropper, and discovered what they were talking about. I devoured the first four books in the series within just a few weeks, and that's all that existed then!

Fiery Cross
came out the following spring, if I recall correctly and I actually went out and bought that big heavy hardcover book brand new - first time I can recall doing that ever! Since then, I've re-read Outlander several times and re-read Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn. I'm saving the re-reads of Fiery Cross and A Breath of Snow and Ashes for this upcoming year, in preparation for An Echo in the Bone, which is set to release in the fall of 2009.

If you like historical novels, especially really long ones, and even more especially romantic ones, this series should please you as much as it does me! I've recently had the pleasure of witnessing my friend Darlene becoming enamoured with the series. We whisper back and forth about Jamie and Claire, whenever we get together, often drawing eyerolls from our unindoctrinated friends.

If you're already a fan, you may already be aware of this tip, but maybe not? There is a new excerpt from An Echo in the Bone (Outlander #7, but NOT the last according to her!) up on Diana's blog! (By the way, Diana blogs like she writes - long and detailed. LOVE IT!)
http://voyagesoftheartemis.blogspot.com/2008/09/excerpt-1-echo-in-bone.html

Also, if you go to her site: http://www.dianagabaldon.com/ and click
on excerpts, there are 4 other excerpts there.

Diana is also writing a graphic novel covering the same Outlander story, but from the perspective of the character Murtaugh. Graphic Novel Info:
http://voyagesoftheartemis.blogspot.com/2008/01/graphic-novel.html
http://voyagesoftheartemis.blogspot.com/2008/02/graphic-novel-update.html

Go and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky