March Reads

My plan was to write write write in March. Sadly, it was one of those plans that did not come to fruition. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

So, I only read a little in March. I think I paid for it with some depression. If I'm not reading, then I'm not quite alive.


The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold - 03/02/08
Fair - Fiction
Helen and her mother have had a rocky relationship and as her mother ages, things don't improve.
I enjoyed The Lovely Bones also by Sebold. I did NOT like this one. Don't even know why I read it. The heroine was unlikeable in every way.

Finding Hope by Brenda Coulter - 03/15/08
Excellent - Romance
Hope befriends a rich heartless doctor but his lack of belief in God is a stumbling block to any further relationship
This book could not be more different than The Almost Moon. I stayed up far too late reading this two nights in a row. It is part of the Steeple Hill Love Inspired series from Harlequin and I think it's one of the best examples of that series I have read yet.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - 03/16/08
Excellent - Romance
Elizabeth and her 4 sisters are encouraged to marry well.
I listened to this classic novel on audiobook on my way to and from work. I also read 17 chapters of the annotated print version before I had to turn it back to the library. Will get it out again someday and read the rest.

Careers for Bookworms and other literary types by Marjorie Eberts and Margaret Gisler - 03/22/08
Good - Non-fiction
Careers for booklovers divided by categories.
I read about this book.... someplace. Can't remember now where. But it was only mildly interesting. Eberts and Gisler write a newspaper column called Dear Teacher, which I have read often.

GO READ SOMETHING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky