Napoleon Dynamite

I watched Napoleon Dynamite on January 31.

I had high expectations for this movie after hearing it raved about by so many people I respect. I am sad to report that I really didn't like it much. I guess I am not the angsty type.

The story really didn't go anywhere and the main character wasn't that interesting to me. I didn't get much of a sense of his thoughts, hopes, and dreams. In fact, the majority of the characters were strange and unlikeable. The best of the lot was Deb, the teen girl that befriended Napoleon and had a tendency to wear her hair in an extremely unflattering side ponytail. She at least seemed to have something beneath the surface.

I have put off this review too long and I had more to say, but I can't remember it now. It doesn't help that I have a bad cold. Maybe I will think of more to say later. Feel free to berate me for my dislike of this movie. LOL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/
http://www.screenit.com/movies/2004/napoleon_dynamite.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky