Johnny Mnemonic (1995)

Next up in my extended Keanu Reeves film festival is Johnny Mnemonic, a futuristic cyberpunk tale from 1995. I KNOW where I was in 1995 - being a first-year mama to David who never left my side.

I wouldn't call this one of Keanu's best movies. In fact, I would say this is probably one of his worst. :-( Keanu plays Johnny, an information courier who makes his living by transporting sensitive data stored in a memory module wet-wired into his brain. A particularly important memory load puts Johnny and the entire world at risk. The movie is based on a short story by William Gibson, and the plot line is definitely original.

Even though the movie is mostly a dud, I did enjoy it. I was curious to see how the plot worked itself out. And even though Keanu's performance is on the stiff side for most of the movie, I still liked it! ;-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113481/
This movie has not been reviewed at screenit.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky