January Reads

W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton - 1/11/2014
Good - Mystery - 497 pages (Kindle)
Kinsey finds she is distantly related to a recently deceased homeless man
I've always enjoyed reading about Kinsey Millhone's private investigations. This latest in the alphabet-named series was quite enjoyable.

Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich -1/26/2014
Good - Mystery - 337 pages (Print)
Dead old ladies are being found in dumpsters and Stephanie and Lula keep seeing a giraffe running the city streets.
Another long-running series about an investigator - Stephanie Plum, inept bounty hunter. This one did not disappoint! Lots of Ranger. Yes!

The Annotated Sense and Sensibility edited by David M. Shapard, original text by Jane Austen - 1/31/2014
Excellent - Classic - 709 pages (Print and audio)
I listened to the book but read the annotations in the print version.
Sense and Sensibility is not my favorite Austen. I have no patience at all for the idealist heroine, Marianne. This is my 3rd or 4th time reading the book, though, and I have gained more of an appreciation for it. The annotations are really helpful for the reader who wants to learn more about the intricacies of the plot and the times in which Austen was writing.

Update on my last post:
The Deathly Hallows Lectures by John Granger - I had to give up on this when it was long overdue at the library. I may find it again someday and finish it, but I didn't find it as succinct and compelling as the previous book I had read by Granger. 

I don't have to read Stephen King after all! YAY!

Set all the others aside to get Sense and Sensibility done before book club. Will be finishing LOTR and Game of Thrones though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Twilight (2008)