September Reads

Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 9/18/2013
Good - Classic 96 pages, format: Audio
Wild Prince Hal becomes a war hero.
I watched the Hollow Crown adaptation before reading the play and LOVED it. (Helps that Tom Hiddleston plays Prince Hal.) I love Shakespeare more, the more I read him.

Flashbang: How I Got Over Myself by Mark Steele 9/19/2013
Good - Inspirational 245 pages, Format: Print
"Each story brings Steele closer to the realization that being a Christian is more than just saying you are. In the end, he reveals his secret to living a more meaningful life—how he got over himself." Amazon summary
Someone recommended this, but now I can't recall whom. I alternately loved and hated the content; sometimes it seemed so pretentious, but other times, it was brutally honest and real. I didn't particularly like the format, which was a lot of dialogue between the author and some alternate "self" or even God, as well as a lot of jumping around between stories. However, I will say that it was effective in bringing across the author's points. 

Only two books in September (but I finished two more on October 1st and 2nd! lol)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky