September Reads

Only two books in September!? What in the world?

Well, I've been trying to complete The Fiery Cross for a long time (see below), as well as The Count of Monte Cristo, which is 1400+ pages long. I worked on a couple other books too, but didn't finish them.

Twenties Girl
by Sophie Kinsella - 09/04/09

Good - Chick Lit [999 Category - Nine and Counting]
Lara Lington's great-aunt Sadie has passed on, and even though Lara hadn't known her at all, the funeral disturbs her, and when Great-Aunt Sadie's spirit visits her, Lara's life is turned upside down.
I needed something light that I could FINISH, so I picked up Kinsella's new book. It was pretty good.

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon - 09/13/09
Excellent - Historical Fiction [999 Category - Kindred Spirits]
Jamie and Claire, along with Brianna and Roger, continue building their lives in pre-Revolution North Carolina.
I've been stalled in the middle of The Fiery Cross for months now, but I began listening to the audiobook again with renewed zeal, in hopes of finishing both FC and A Breath of Snow and Ashes before the new Gabaldon book (An Echo in the Bone) was released on September 22. I didn't make it. But, oh, how I love listening to Gabaldon read by Davina Porter!

Right now I am almost halfway through A Breath of Snow and Ashes (on audio) and about 1/3 through The Count of Monte Cristo. I have read one other short book in October. Stay tuned!

What are YOU reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky