Booking Through Thursday - 5 for Favorites

btt button

1. Do you have a favorite author?

I have several! Janet Evanovich, Ted Dekker, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jeffery Deaver, to name just a few. But for this meme, I'll choose Diana Gabaldon.

2. Have you read everything he or she has written?

No. After reading the first book in the Lord John series, I chose not to read the rest because I am not comfortable with that character's lifestyle choices. He is a character in the Outlander series and his character plays a major role, but was important to the plot. I didn't like him enough to read a spinoff series based on him.

3. Did you LIKE everything?

Everything that I read I liked except as detailed above. I love Outlander best, though. But all of the books in the Outlander series are compelling and absorbing. There are six now and she is writing the seventh.

4. How about a least favorite author?

Wow, that's hard. I don't tend to read books I don't enjoy. I hesitate to name names. I have avoided reading Harry Potter. How's that?

5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t?

I really wanted to like the Shop-aholic books by Sophie Kinsella, and it wasn't really the writing that turned me off, per se. I just couldn't identify with Becky, the main character. She is shallow and places a high priority on fashion and that just isn't me. I did really like one other book by Kinsella - Can You Keep a Secret? For some reason, that one really resonated with me. Enough that I own a copy. And I only keep fiction that I really really like.

OK, that didn't really answer the question, did it? Let's try again.

I wanted to like Margaret Atwood. I really did. I read The Handmaiden's Tale. And, well... It wasn't all that. Not my cup of tea, as my mom said about a different book recently. It's been five years, so I really couldn't elaborate on that, but I haven't looked for anything else written by her and that should say it all, since I usually read everything I can find by a good author.

Now, it's your turn! Blog your answers, or email them out! Or just leave them in the comments. If you do the meme, I'd love to know about it and read your answers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky

October Reads