Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Someone asked me anonymously for my thoughts on Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. I had mentioned that I would be watching it and they wondered what I thought.

Well. I didn't like it. I already am not a fan of Will Ferrell, although I did enjoy Elf. I don't watch NASCAR. SNL-style humor is not the humor I enjoy. So, why in the world did I rent this movie? It's simply that I have watched the majority of movies available at my local library, and since I do not have Netflix or Blockbuster Online at the present time, I am using the library more and more.

All that said, I was truly not expecting the things I saw in this movie. From the blatant and appalling disrespect from children to parents and grandparents (including profanity) to making out on the dining room table with people EATING there and a long man-to-man kiss, this film was full of crass, indecent, and unpalatable incidents.
Last but not least, I had no desire at all to see Will Ferrell running around in his underwear! The few truly humorous moments (Walker & Texas Ranger!) did not outweigh the bad taste this film left in my mouth.

A more in-depth review is HERE, and I agree with the reviewer's opinions. This review, as well as screenit's below, gives more details on my objections to the movie, which are too numerous for me to waste time listing for you here.

I would not recommend Talladega Nights to anyone.



Screenit.com Review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Twilight (2008)