May Reads

Only 4 books this month. Lots of traveling and soccer contributed to that low total. Also, I started a few books that I didn't invest the time to finish.

Here are the good ones:

The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers - 05/05/08
Good - Inspirational
Sierra's husband decides they will move and this begins troubles in their marriage. Sierra finds the journal of one of her ancestors and reading it brings her back to her Lord.
I love Francine Rivers, but this wasn't one of her best. If you haven't read her before, start with something else, like The Mark of the Lion Trilogy or The Atonement Child.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney - 05/07/08
Good - Young Adult
The further adventures of Gregory, this time focusing on his relationship with his overbearing older brother Rodrick
David and Emily both read this, so I had to as well. :-)

Doesn't She Look Natural? by Angela Elwell Hunt - 05/12/08
Good - Inspirational
Jennifer, a divorced mom of 2 boys, inherits a funeral home. What is God's plan for her life?
I haven't read anything by Angela Hunt that I didn't like.

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - 05/18/08
Good - Fiction
Two girls are opposites but become best friends for life.
THIS is the sophisticated book on women's friendships that I wish I'd written. But mine would have been happier. I think. Maybe we'll see!

Hopefully I can read more in June. But maybe you can beat my May total! Go give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Website Meme

October Reads

Twilight (2008)